Explore the Geek family of Blogs:
Geek's Journal
geekytech
Monday, October 24, 2005
  EPL Predictions/Results Oct 22nd/33rd
Overall a very exciting weekend of football, lots of good match-ups and a variety of wacky stuff going on...

Saturday:
Blackburn v Birmingham, This is a tough one to call, both teams are kind of sh*te...
Prediction: Draw
Result: Blackburn won this, 2-0, Dickov (Pen) and Bellamy grabbed the goals... 0/1

Arsenal v Man City, This is the match everyone will be talking about the rediculous 2nd penalty attempt... I've seen a dozen replays of it now, what a joke!
Prediction: Arsenal
Result: Arsenal 2-0, I'm 1 for 2..

Aston Villa v Wigan, Tough one... On Paper you'd pick Villa, but Wigan are proving to get fairly tough to break down and they have some quality up front who can score a goal if they get the chance... Villa did grab a win last weekend at Birmingham, but I think they'll lose this and Wigan will continue their impressive run.,
Prediction: Wigan
Result: Wigan 2-0, Jewell is out of control... I'm 2/3

Fulham v Liverpool,
Prediction: Fulham
Result: Fulham 2-0... Amazing, I'm 3/4!

Man United v Tottenham,
Prediction: Tottenham
Unfortunately Tottenham couldn't quite win this one, but they did take it to them, and even now with Man United being kind of shite, I think a point at Old Trafford is still a decent result for anyone...
Result: 1-1, I'm 3/5

Portsmouth v Charlton, Portsmouth are sh*te and should lose pretty much every game... So I'd say Charlton will win this one... Heck Portsmouth's team is made up of players who couldn't even make it at Newcastle who finished 14th last season, what does that tell you???
Result: Charlton win 2-1... I'm 4/6... Not bad for Saturday!

Sunday:
Newcastle v Sunderland, I did get to celebrate at a beer festival on Sunday, what an exciting game, great to see Shola get a few goals, we looked much more creative and attack-minded with Emre and Solano in the team, can't wait to see the football we'll be playing with Owen/Shearer up front, then Luque or Emre, Parker, Dyer, and Solano in midfield... Should be brilliant
Prediction: Newcastle
Result: Newcastle 3-2, Correct again, 5/7

Bolton v West Brom, Bolton are struggling a bit now, they've lost to City and Chelsea back-to-back while West Brom are full of confidence after beating Arsenal... Bolton don't score a lot of goals, so I'm again going to sit on the fence...
Prediction: Draw
Result: Bolton..2-0 Bugger! West Brom had an early penalty, but had to retack it since Geoff Horseass ran into the box before the ball was struck, and subsequently Kamara missed... Ok, I'm 5/8

West Ham v Middlesbrough, Again, tough one to call, West Ham almost fought back for a point against City, Middlesboro are sh*te
Prediction: Hammers
Result: Correct, Teddy freakin' Sheringham scoring the winner... He must be like 40 now isn't he? I'm 6/9

Everton v Chelsea, I said: What can you say, you could bet your mortgage on this one... I'll offer to run down my street naked if Everton manage not to lose this one...
Prediction: Chelsea, 100%, no doubt in my mind...
Result: 1-1. Wow! Good thing no one will hold me to that! So I end up 6/10... 60% again, that's 3 weeks straight at 60% accuracy... Would that win me any money I wonder?
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
A personal blog by John Walter.

My Photo
Name:

I think a lot. Some people say I think too much... However, I don't want to be seen as being aloof or pretentious, it's just that I really enjoy philosophical questions and deep thoughts. That's not to say that I don't find pleasure in more down-to-earth or trivial things, like beer and soccer :) I'm happily married with 3 wonderful children. I'm a partner in a technology services company based in Toronto. Myers Briggs says I'm an ENTJ

Add my Custom Button to your Google Toolbar
ARCHIVES
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
March 2008
April 2008
March 2009
January 2010


Powered by Blogger


RSS FEED


Some of my Favorite Sites:
Kurzweil AI (Deep)
The Onion (Funny)
Sparkpeople

Blogs of People I know:
Jason Bonney
Richard Barter's Blue Moon
George
Jack

Some of my Sites:
My Company - Netserve
My Flickr Page
MySpace